Friday, February 27, 2009

Monday, February 23

This morning as I'm checking email and enjoying 3 min of silence, while imagioning my boys eating their breakfast peacefully together, Zach and Michael come flying up the stairs yelling "Mom" "mom." I say to myself, "Oh God, help me this morning." Michael explains how Zach hit him while Zach is yelling how Michael hit him. I looked at Michael and calmly asked him, "if someone hit Jesus, would he hit them back or did he teach us to turn and give the other cheeck?" Stunned he looked at me and calmly states, "well it is already done" and walks away. I then calmly ask 4 year old Zach, "Would Jesus hit his brother if he was looking at him with a funny face?" Zach calmly states, "Is he that little baby or is he that man?" Needless to say the fighting was ended, and I had some explaining and teaching to do.Kids have a way of making life so "real." God sure did help me this morning because I can't stand fighting in the mornings.Having Christmas and Easter so close can sure confuse a kid! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment