Monday, May 4, 2009

6TH Grade Recognition




Wow!
I find it hard to believe my oldest child, Andrew David is finishing 6Th Grade at St. Anne's Catholic School! The same school that my dad went to and that I was lucky enough to have gone to. (thanks mom and dad!) Although many things have changed over those years, no more nuns walking the halls or even teaching, the priest isn't 70 or 80 years old (he is a classmate of Jeff and I, 20 something I'm sure!) and the rooms are somewhat different, many things have stayed the same. There is the feeling of love and belonging when you walk in the doors. Every person is there because they want to be. It is a "choice." And Jeff and I are glad we made that "choice."
Andrew has a special class. The are all fun, loving, and get along together so great. They all work so hard together and are very supportive of each other. They have not had the bickering, and chaos as some classes do. I am so proud of all of them.
So Sunday was "6Th grade appreciation" at the 10am mass in Wabasso. All of the students had a part in the mass. Andrew's part was to read the 2ND reading and the Alleluia. Because one student was not there, he also got to be an usher. He did a great job. During the mass, they gave out the "presidential academic award." That is an award for those with good grades all around. Andrew was one of those that received that award. He received a certificate and a pin. Michael and Zachary were excited because President Barack Obama signed it! I can see it right now, President Obama watching Sunday night TV and signing all these certificates! And we wonder what he does with all his time. Looking back on that award, when Jeff and I were in 6Th grade, that was an award for the "really smart" people. So we are excited for him to get that award. He works hard. Needless to say, Jeff and I can't help him with his spelling sentences anymore. Neither can Gr. Linda! He lost us on predicate pronouns!! :)
After church, the class received a juice and rolls reception. I think they all were pretty proud of their accomplishments!
Great Job Andrew and the staff at St Anne's School!
On a side note,
As Andrew when to sit down in his front row seat after ushering, the young children get to bring up their offering. Zach waited so he could "bump" into Andrew on his way to the front. I'm sure it was an accident! not! Andrew and Zach both gave each a huge smile to each other along with many of the parishioners. UGGG! Zachary will do anything for his brothers attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment