Monday, May 11, 2009

Saturday May 9th

We enjoyed a beautiful day at home. Some cleaning got done and then Jeff and the boys spent most of the morning outside. Cut down some more dead trees in the grove and placed them on the fire that is still smoldering since last weekend. No need to worry, it has been under dirt all week. I was paying some bills and doing some paperwork. Uggg. Jeff and the boys made a wonderful lunch on the grill. Steaks and shrimp! We have not eaten so good for a long time! The kids inhaled all their lunch. We just need to feed them good I guess! We then went for a bike ride together, as Zach has been asking for a few days. Jeff had all our bikes ready to go, Yea Jeff! I realized how dirty my bike has gotten and remembered back to all the summers (before cars, kids, jobs,phones) I spent shining my bike up. We would have "bike washes." Dad was always "anal" over clean cars and I always had a clean bike!
After the bike ride, Jeff got the kids cleaned up and they headed into town to pick up flowers for me and Gr Linda. After making a stop to her house, they headed back to the farm and off to church we went. Jeff and I were in charge of the Catholic Aid Associations "Take mom out for desert and coffee" after church. We got the coffee started, and deserts cut and on plates. The kids got to go up to church before us and sit with Gr & Gr Turbes. Jeff and I got up there right before it started and sat 2 pews behind them. We thoroughly enjoyed watching out well behaved children sit with their grandparents all through mass. Zach went out to children's liturgy like a big boy and Michael refused as usual. After mass we all enjoyed homemade deserts, coffee and juice. Visited with the locals and had a really enjoyable day. When it was all done, we came home, got on PJ's and watched some of our favorite show's on "PVR." Gotta love it! Soon it was off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment